Our organization was created to help meet the social and residential needs for the citizens within our neighborhood and The City of
Kalamazoo. This is done through offering support through collaboration, feedback, and by addressing concerns as brought forth by neighborhood
residents. We are an organization trying to positively impact the quality of life within our neighborhood and The City of Kalamazoo by providing
the community with positive input. We succeed when we are able to be proactive to our area's needs, rather than reactive to existing problems.
Our success relies on the involvement of our residents. Currently serving on the Board of Directors are;
- Jim Pridgeon (Chairman)
- Marian Pridgeon (Secretary)
- Laura Cousineau (Treasurer)
- Linda Mangold (Director)
- Kathryn Lossman (Director)
- David Luttrell (Director)
- Jackie Merrill (Director).
To provide an open, inclusive, diverse and democratic association that will serve our neighborhood and improve quality of life by:
- Seeking out neighborhood opinion and concerns and advocating on behalf of residents,
- Improving public safety,
- Fostering relationships and interaction between our diverse residents,
- Working to improve the aesthetics and environmental quality of our neighborhood.
To accomplish its mission, the DNA will work toward providing a wide variety of opportunities and programs including but not limited to:
|Neighborhood Watch and Safety ||Social Events|
|Home-Improvement and Tool library ||Working toward Home-Ownership Assistance|
|Educational and Employment Programs ||Energy Efficiency Programs|
|"Neighbors Helping Neighbors" Programs ||Internet Access|
|Ecological Landscaping Programs ||Neighborhood Aesthetic Programs|
|Neighborhood Environmental Programs|
Other programs in keeping with the purpose of the DNA.